Metropolitan Park District of Columbus and Franklin County programs for the week of Dec. 30.
The following is a list of Metropolitan Park District of Columbus and Franklin County programs for this week.
Battelle-Darby Creek Metro Park
1775 Darby Creek Drive, Galloway
• Wetland Bird Hike, 9 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 3 at the naturalist office. Look for birds around the wetlands.
Blacklick Woods Metro Park
6975 E. Livingston Ave., Reynoldsburg
• 2009 Bird List Hike, 8 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 1, at the Nature Center. Search for the first birds of the year on a 1.5-mile, off-trail hike.
• 36th Annual Winter Hike Series, 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 3 at the Big Meadows Picnic Area. Take a two- or four-mile hike through woods and meadows, followed by hot beverages and a snack.
Blendon Woods Metro Park
4265 State Route 161 E., Westerville
• Geology Rocks, 1 p.m. Saturday Jan. 3 at the Nature Center. Search the rocks for signs of ancient hurricanes on a half-mile hike.
• Waterfowl Identification, 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 4 at the Nature Center. Learn to identify dabbling and diving ducks.
• Preschoolers: Tracks and Quacks, 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6 at the Nature Center. Learn to read animal tracks and the stories they tell.
Chestnut Ridge Metro Park
8445 Winchester Road, N.W., Carroll
• Woodpecker Walk, 10 a.m. Sunday, at the Springhouse Program Area. Wander with the naturalist in search of woodpeckers.
Glacier Ridge Metro Park
9801 Hyland Croy Road, Plain City
• Christmas Bird Count, 8 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 3 at the maintenance shop. Search for birds on- and off-trail for the National Audubon Society Christmas Bird Count.
• Outdoor Skills: Winter Survival, 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 4 at the maintenance shop. Learn techniques to survive the winter cold.
Highbanks Metro Park
9466 U.S. 23 N., Lewis Center
• Morning Bird Hike, 8 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 4 at the Nature Center. Search for birds on a slow-paced two-mile hike.
Inniswood Metro Gardens
940 Hempstead Road, Westerville
• New Year's Green Resolutions, 2-3:30 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 4 at the Innis House. Learn what you can do to help protect the planet.
• Stroller Stroll: Animal Tracks, 10 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 6 at the garden entrance. Walk along the Spring Run Trail and search for tracks and other animal signs.
Pickerington Ponds Metro Park
7680 Wright Road, Canal Winchester
• Harrier Hike, 3 p.m. Saturday, Jan.3, at the Glacier Knoll Picnic Area. Take a two-mile hike through the grasslands to look for northern harriers and other birds.
• Afternoon Bird Hike, 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 4 at the Glacier Knoll Picnic Area. Take a relaxing short walk and look for birds.
• Howl at the New Moon, 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 8, at the Glacier Knoll Picnic Area. Bring your dog along for this two-mile walk.
Prairie Oaks Metro Park
3225 Plain City-Georgesville Road, West Jefferson
• Winter Wandering, 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 28 at the Whispering Oaks Picnic Area. Hike off-trail through the prairie and wetlands in search of wildlife.
Sharon Woods Metro Park
6911 Cleveland Ave., Westerville
• Nature Bingo, 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 30at Spring Hollow Lodge, 1069 W. Main St., for ages 6-12. Play a game of outdoor bingo and take a short walk, weather permitting.
• Pioneer Toys, 1-4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 3 at the naturalist office. Test your skills with some old-fashioned toys.
• Senior Exclusive: Coping with Winter, 1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 7 at Spring Hollow Lodge, 1069 W. Main St. Find out how to save money and still stay warm.
3860 Bixby Road, Groveport
• Winter Break, 10 a.m. Tuesday Dec. 30 at the Heritage Nature Center, 551 Wirt Road, Groveport. Celebrate nature with stories, games and crafts
Interpreters and assistive listening devices for persons with hearing impairments are available for any program. Call 891-0700 (TDD 895-6240) to schedule these services.