Keep your pencils in one place at home or in your school locker with this crafty recycled robot!
WHAT YOU NEED
*One empty tin can, washed and dried thoroughly
*Three bottle caps
*One piece of pipe cleaner
*Two pop-can openers
*Two magnets (optional)
HOW YOU DO IT
1. Adults: Cut a two-inch strip of felt to the length of the circumference of the tin can. Use hot-glue gun to attach the felt to the top of the can and fold over the sharp edge.
2. Paint the can with the acrylic paint color of your choice.
3. Glue googly eyes to the inside of two of the bottle caps and glue onto the can as eyes.
4. Cut a two-inch piece of pipe cleaner and bend into a nose shape. Attach with glue.
5. Glue the third bottle cap to the can as a mouth and glue a pop-can opener to each side of the can as ears.
6. Glue two magnets to the can to attach it to a locker or leave as is to place on a desktop.
WHO THOUGHT THIS UP
OLIVERA BRATICH owns Wholly Craft, 3169 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features handmade goods from more than 100 crafters and artists, including clothing, jewelry, accessories, paper goods, home décor and more! Hours of operation: 1-8 p.m., weekdays except Tuesdays when they’re closed, 12 noon-7 p.m. Saturdays, 12 noon-5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, go to whollycraft.com or call 614-447-3445.