Whether or not you love the actual candy, the look of candy corn screams Halloween!
Whether or not you love the actual candy, the look of candy corn screams Halloween! This simple painting project is fun for all ages and perfect for decorating the house for the season.WHAT YOU NEED
White paper plates Yellow and orange acrylic paint Paintbrush Scissors Ruler Twine or rope Hole puncher HOW YOU DO IT
1. Paint an orange ring around the outer edge of the plate going in about one inch past the crimped edges.
2. Paint a yellow ring inside the orange ring, leaving a white circle in the middle of the plate.
3. Let dry completely.
4. Use a ruler and pencil to draw an asterisk on the whole surface of the painted plate as if you were marking a cake to cut it into pieces. Cut along the lines with scissors.
5. Use a hole puncher to punch two holes at the top of each piece.
6. Weave the pieces onto a piece of twine or rope and hang up your banner. Voila! It's officially Halloween season!WHO THOUGHT THIS UP
OLIVERA BRATICH owns Wholly Craft, 3515 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features handmade goods from more than 200 crafters and artists, including clothing, jewelry, accessories, paper goods, home décor and more! Hours of operation: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays, 12 noon-5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, go to whollycraft.com or call 614-447-3445.