Wholly Craft owner Olivera Bratich offers a colorful paper craft.
The transition to spring can bring some gloomy, rainy days but you can always look forward to rainbows! This little paper craft adds a splash of color to a desk or workspace as well as a splash of happiness.
What You Need
*Construction paper or cardstock in rainbow colors
How You Do It
1. Use the ruler to mark a 1-inch-wide strip across each color of paper. Cut out each strip.
2. The red piece will be the longest. Leave it full length. Measure then cut 1 inch off the bottom of the orange strip. Successively cut each remaining strip another inch shorter, taking 2 inches off the yellow strip, 3 inches off green, 4 inches off blue/indigo and 5 inches off the purple/violet strip.
3. Line up one end of the strips and staple them together.
4. Arch the red strip. Line up the orange strip so that it arches underneath red and the ends match up. Continue with each color, and staple the ends together.
5. Fluff up the cotton balls to look like clouds. Glue three to four to each end of the rainbow.
6. Enjoy the magic on your desk or tabletop!
Who Thought This Up
OLIVERA BRATICH owns Wholly Craft, 3515 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features handmade goods from more than 200 crafters and artists, including clothing, jewelry, accessories, paper goods, home décor and more. Winter hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, go to whollycraft.com or call 614-447-3445.