CCT kicks off 2017-18 lineup Sept. 21
Columbus Children’s Theatre kicks off its new mainstage season by bringing a feisty first-grader to the stage.
“Junie B. Jones the Musical” will be presented Sept. 21 to Oct. 15 at the Park Street Theatre, 512 Park St., Columbus. The 60-minute, one-act production is based on four of Barbara Parks’ best-selling books chronicling Junie’s adventures. Tickets start at $16, other than on Thrifty Thursday, when all seats are $13.
This season’s mainstage productions, recommended for ages 6 and older, are hourlong, single-act shows with no intermission, unless otherwise noted. A hallmark of CCT is that each features two sensory-friendly performances.
The rest of the lineup includes:
• “Mr. Scrooge” – This production, written by CCT artistic director William Goldsmith, will showcase the tale of the holiday curmudgeon from Nov. 24 to Dec. 23.
• “Little Red Riding Hood” – CCT will perform this Goldsmith adaption of the Grimm brothers’ fairy tale Jan. 11-28. The company describes it as “an action-packed hour filled with lots of laughs and some fun audience participation.”
• “JACK and Phil, Slayer of Giants, Inc.” – This will mark the regional premiere of this twisted spin on “Jack and the Beanstalk.” CCT will stage the show Feb. 15 to March 11.
• “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” – Based on the C.S. Lewis novel, this show follows three children as they journey into Narnia. The 90-minute show takes the stage March 29 to April 22.
• “Annie” – This beloved Tony-award-winning musical about a spunky orphan debuts at the Lincoln Theatre (769 E. Long St., Columbus) on April 26 and runs through May 13. The show is 120 minutes, with an intermission.
For more information, go to columbuschildrenstheatre.org.