The weeklong event will take place Saturday, July 12, through Saturday, July 19
The Franklin County Fair's 97th annual edition opens this Saturday!
The weeklong event will take place Saturday, July 12, through Saturday, July 19, at the Franklin County Fairgrounds at 5043 Northwest Parkway in Hilliard, Ohio.
Gates will open daily at 9am, and standard daily admission is $6 (those under age 2 are admitted free). Advance tickets are available for $4 through Friday, July 11:
Call 614-876-7235 for details. Additional discounts include a senior, military and government employee discount available on various days throughout the Fair.
Some of the highlights of this year's fair include:
• A performance by Nashville recording artist, Andy Griggs, with opening act Jaime Atkins;
• Dock Dogs where dogs of all shapes and sizes will compete four times a day in a variety of categories;
• Harness racing and special "A Drive to Win" harness racing exhibit;
• The Cincinnati Circus will take over the grandstand on Family Day with unique interactive fun immediately following; and
• Swine Jackpot Show sponsored by Franklin County Farm Bureau. Fairgoers can also look forward to some new twists on classic fair attractions. The daily contests are back, and will call young and old to brush up on their skillet-throwing, pie-eating and rooster-crowing skills – just to name a few! And for the mowing enthusiasts, the Smash It Demolition Derby event will feature a new mower class.
For a complete schedule of events and more information, visit www.fcfair.org.