Find out what's happening throughout central Ohio.
FALL FAMILY FUN
The Columbus Chapter of the United Nations Association will host the 53rd annual Columbus International Festival Saturday, Nov. 8, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 9, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., at Franklin County Veterans Memorial. The festival will feature entertainers, vendors and nonprofit organizations representing nearly 80 countries. Highlights of the weekend include a United Nations Parade of Nations; a health fair with World Health Organization updates; hands-on global activities for children and families; authentic cuisines from around the world; a global marketplace of arts and crafts; and traveling advisories and tips. Admission to the festival is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors and students, $2 for children ages 6-12 years and free for children five and under. Visit www.myspace.com/columbusinternationalfest for more information.
LITERARY and LIBRARY PROGRAMS
Programs at the Delaware District Library
• Adult book discussion. 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 29, "Angelica," by Arthur Phillips.
• Teen Caf, 3 to 5 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 13, 2 to 4 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 19 and Nov. 26. Books, games, crafts, snacks and fun for ages 12 to 17.
• Children's author visit and book signing, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 16. Author and illustrator Will Hillenbrand will talk about his books, including his latest, "Cock-A-Doodle Christmas." Books will be for sale, or can be purchased in advance at Fundamentals Parent Teacher Store, 25 W. Winter St. For more information about Hillenbrand's visit, call Fundamentals at (740) 363-0290. Program is sponsored by The Friends of the Delaware County District Library and Fundamentals Parent Teacher Store.
• Family Night! 6:30 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 18. "All about Teddy Bears." Bring your favorite bear (or other stuffed critter) for stories and a craft.
• Open Story Time, up to age 6, 6:30 p.m. Mondays.
• Toddler Story Time, ages 2-3, 10 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
• Picture Book Time, ages 4-6, 10 a.m. Thursdays.
• Baby Time, for ages birth to 24 months, 11 a.m. Thursdays.
Programs at the Grandview Heights Public Library
•Baby Games: Stories for ages 6-17 months on Wednesdays. These free events is from 10:30 - 11 a.m. For more information call (614) 481-3778.
•Music & Movement: Perfecting motor skills with songs and dancing, for ages 2-5.This free event is from 1 - 1:30 p.m. every Monday. For more information, call (614) 481-3778.
•Tales for Toddlers: Stories for ages 18-36 months every Tuesday of the month. This free events is from 10 - 10:30 a.m. For more information, call (614) 481-3778.
Storytime at the Glass Slipper: Join us every Tuesday at 11 a.m. for stories, songs, tea and more. This free event starts at 11 a.m. at the Glass Slipper, 77 W. Olentangy St. Call (614) 433-9171 for more information.
THEATRE AND THE ARTS
Kya's Krusade Art Therapy Class: Kya's Krusade offers art therapy classes for children with physical disabilities and one sibling per student, ages 4-8. Classes are taught by a licensed art therapist by age group. The program is free of charge but preregistration is required. Classes are from 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. in Shiller Park Recreation Center, 1069 Jager St. every Saturday in October. For more information and to register visit kyaskrusade.org, or call (614) 750-2198.
Safe Escape: This program om Oct. 27 is for children age 5 to 12 years old. Safe Escape is a nationally-recognized child abduction prevention and evasion program designed to teach families critical abduction prevention and survival tactics. This free event is from 7 - 8:30 p.m. at Westerville Community Center, 350 N. Cleveland Ave. For more information, call (614) 901-6500.
Now That You're a Mom-A Group for First-Time Moms: Facilitated by Rhonda Moskowitz, MA, this group offers support, information, and education about issues that are important to first-time moms on Oct. 30. Bring your newborn through 6-month-old. Meeting is from 1 - 2 p.m. For more information, call (614) 459-8628, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Herbal Home Spa, 6 to 7:30 p.m., Monday, Nov. 10 and Tuesday, Nov. 11 at Stratford Ecological Center. This class is pre-pay by reservation only. $45 plus $20 supply fee. Call (740) 363-2548 or e-mail email@example.com.