These pretty posies make a cute decoration or a sweet handmade gift.
These simple, colorful paper flowers add cheer to any room for spring, or bring a smile to Mom's face for Mother's Day.
WHAT YOU NEEDColorful construction paper Green straws or pipe cleaners Glue stick or clear tape Scissors
HOW YOU DO IT
1. Fold a sheet of construction paper in half and cut along the fold line.
2. Cut the paper into vertical strips approximately a half-inch wide.
3. Cut out a circle, approximately 1 to 2 inches in diameter.
4. Fold one of the strips so the ends are lined up and pressed together, but the rest of the strip stays in a loop. (Don't put a crease in the fold.)
5. Glue or tape the ends of each strip together, then attach the loop to the circle shape.
6. Keep adding loops all the way around the circle.
7. Glue or tape the finished flower to a stem, made of a green straw or pipe cleaner.
8. Repeat to make a bouquet of flowers and fill your favorite vase!
WHO THOUGHT THIS UP
OLIVERA BRATICH owns Wholly Craft, 3515 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features handmade goods from more than 200 crafters and artists, including clothing, jewelry, accessories, paper goods, home décor and more. Hours of operation are 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, go to whollycraft.com or call 614-447-3445.