Get crafty with this project that doubles as a toy.
Welcome to the jungle of summer! Crafting is a fun exercise for summer months, especially for rainy days, and making a puppet can lead to fun family shows.
WHAT YOU NEEDFour craft sticks One sheet of orange paper One sheet of black paper Orange and black markers Two googly eyes Glue stick Craft glue or hot glue gun Scissors
HOW YOU DO IT
1. Create a triangle out of three craft sticks.
2. Using craft glue or a hot glue gun, attach the sticks together.
3. Color the wooden frame with an orange marker.
4. Cut out an orange triangle and glue it to the craft stick base to create the tiger's head.
5. Cut two ovals out of orange paper for ears.
6. Cut out two smaller black ovals for the insides of the ears.
7. Using a glue stick, glue the black ovals to the orange ovals.
8. Glue the completed ears to the back of the tiger's head.
9. Cut out black triangles to decorate the tiger.
10. Glue the black triangles onto the sticks.
11. Decorate the tiger with googly eyes and a nose drawn with a black marker.
12. Glue the remaining stick to the tiger's head to create your puppet.
WHO CREATED IT
Olivera Bratich owns Wild Cat Gift & Party, 3515 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features gifts, handmade goods and party supplies from more than 400 vendors plus crafty workshops and parties for all ages. For more information, call 614-420-6603 or go to wildcatgiftandparty.com.
Subscribe to Columbus Parent's weekly e-newsletter, The Bulletin, for top reads, event recommendations, guides, parenting trends and lots more ideas for family fun.