Summer camps, lists of family fun spots, child care and Nick Foligno were among readers' favorite stories last year.
As 2020 gets underway, we embarked on our annual look back at the stories Central Ohio parents were most interested in throughout 2019. Here’s a list of the top 10 stories from last year on columbusparent.com.
1. The Go-To Guide: Top Central Ohio Outdoor Playgrounds – You’ll want to bookmark this list, which features 18 of the top family-friendly spots all around Columbus.
2. 2019 Columbus Parent Summer Camp Guide – This annual directory is a perennial reader favorite. Look for the 2020 installment in our Spring issue.
3. Family Comes First for the Columbus Blue Jackets’ Nick Foligno – The NHL captain and his wife, Janelle, talk about the harrowing season when two of their three children were seriously ill, as well as parenting, hockey and more.Stay in the loop in 2020 with top reads, events, guides, parenting trends and more ideas for family fun. Subscribe to Columbus Parent’s weekly e-newsletter, The Bulletin.
4. Should You Take Your Kid to Otherworld? – Joel Oliphint concludes the immersive art installation is family-friendly—for the most part.
5. Easy Ways Kids Can Help with Thanksgiving – The tips and advice on engaging kids in Thanksgiving meal prep, table setting and more could be applied to any family gathering.
6. New Columbus Coworking Space Offers Child Care – Cova Cowork partnered with babysitting service Juggle to offer onsite care at its new Gravity coworking site.
7. The Go-To Guide: Central Ohio Sledding Hills – This winter has so far been rough for sledding, but these 32 hotspots offer family fun when the snow flies.
8. Child Care: Columbus-Area Providers Seek to Meet State Standard – Learn how child care programs have been preparing for a 2020 mandate requiring them to meet minimum standards to qualify for public funding.
9. Support for Kinship Caregivers – The state of Ohio and other organizations offer help for family members raising a relative’s children.
10. Summer Camp Guide: Day Camp Decisions – Organizers offer tips on how to choose the right camp for your child.