Profiles of breast cancer survivors
Signs and symptoms
- n Lump or swelling in the breast or underarm area
- Persistent changes in the breast such as skin irritation, thickening, dimpling, swelling, distortion, or tenderness
- Nipple ulceration or retraction (turning inward)
- Redness or scaliness of the nipple or breast skin
- Spontaneous discharge other than milk
Any of these symptoms may be caused by cancer or by other less serious health problems. If you have any of these symptoms, see your doctor.