If you believe the old saying, then March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb. But Ohio weather is pretty unpredictable, so really you could substitute almost any two animals for this project.
Put these adorable little clothespin animals on your desk or table and attach reminders (or roar-minders!) that you are sure to notice. Get the whole family involved in making them and you'll have an entire zoo of reminder pals!
- Colored construction paper
- Orange tissue paper
- Cotton balls
- Googly eyes
- Jar lid (for tracing)
1. Trace the jar lid onto a piece of construction paper and cut out. This is the body of the animal. Cut out a triangle-shaped face and ears from the same paper or a coordinating color.
2. For the lion, trace the jar lid on a piece of orange tissue paper and cut out. Fringe the tissue paper, leaving at least a one-inch, uncut circle in the middle. Glue the middle part of the tissue paper to the body of the lion.
3. For the lamb, tear cotton balls in half and reshape into circles. Glue the cotton balls around the edge of the lamb's body.
4. Glue the faces and ears to the body. Glue plastic googly eyes onto the face and draw in any details such as a nose and mouth.
5. Test the clothespins to make sure they are straight by standing them up, clip side up.
6. Lay two straight clothespins side by side and make sure they are lined up evenly with about 1 inch of space between them. The clip side should be facing up.
7. Glue the body to the clothespins, making sure they stay straight, and leaving about an inch of space clear at the bottom.
8. Let the glue dry and then stand up your animals. Attach notes and reminders in the clips at the top!
OLIVERA BRATICH owns Wholly Craft, 3515 N. High St. The Clintonville shop features handmade goods from more than 200 crafters and artists, including clothing, jewelry, accessories, paper goods, home décor and more! Hours of operation: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturdays, 12 noon-5 p.m. Sundays. For more information, go to whollycraft.com or call 614-447-3445.